View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pebbles128

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm doing the best for me & them!

I've been busy with husband planning our Easter dinner. He usually works weekends but not this one. Another reason I didn't want to go RESCUE them was because it would interfere with MY EASTER.

I have a million suggestions for these 2 "parents" but the one that sticks out in MY mind is: "Have you contacted the Post Office with a forwarding address?"

In the past, I have taken care of all that. My grandbaby has a zillion appts: specialty doctors, early invention, special meds & formula, insurance, etc. They will be staying in the same state but to miss important mail could back track his health services.

If it was ME, I would have already contacted the Post Office with my forwarding address....which you can easily do online. I would have just checked my mailbox one last time before moving (they are moving 50 miles away) If daughter misses all this time sensitive mail...it could be a medical nightmare. Has she THOUGHT of forwarded her mail. I seriously doubt it. It fact...I know the answer is No. She is also transferring to another clinic & when I asked if she changed her transportation provider...Ummmm, no she FORGOT. So how are you going to get to your new clinic that's 50 miles away? HOW DOES ONE FORGET THAT? The baby also has transportation for all his appointments that must be changed for an address change...Of course that has not been changed either.

They are moving to the suburbs in a nice house with a yard for the grandchild. But the reality is: Elderly Grandfather 80 yrs old that needs care, younger Grandmother 60 yrs that HAS NO CLUE (functioning alcoholic), Father is USELESS, Daughter needs a SERIOUS WAKE UP CALL & then my poor grandson who has to live with the chaos!!!

SR is my only support. I live an hour & 1/2 from nearest Al-Anon meeting & Nar-Anon is even further away at night & I can't drive at night anymore.