Old 04-19-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
choublak

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
I think Feeling Great has the "right" answer but I tend to agree with Mesa Man. I just don't do things that I don't want to do anymore (I'm exercising my right to have a beachy Easter tomorrow with my kids, suck it expectations!!). Albeit, your brother's wedding is kind of a big event, especially if you're close with him. That said, weddings are drama regardless if they're local or destination.

Tell your dad to call your brother regarding your mom's hotel arrangements. He's trying to triangulate you into something that has nothing to do with you. Also, I'm very sorry that your dad was unfaithful to your mom but she's a big girl too and can tell your dad to F Off if she doesn't want to talk to him. That'll spare you this awkward relationship of being the go between for two grown ass adults.
My brother lives in California, and my mom and I (and my dad) live on the East Coast. My brother has more or less become part of his fiance's family.

My dad doesn't listen. At all. I told him to call my brother. He's not going to. I'm thinking maybe he already tried the same thing with my brother and he told my dad no, so now he's trying to go through me.

My mom has told my dad to F off, to leave her alone, has had a restraining order on him, etc., the restraining order worked, but then he goes and dumps all this stuff on me.

I've told my dad not to bring up my mom. He does it anyway.

I know some people on here will say I'm "allowing" him to do this, but you know what, I really don't want to hear that today.