Thread: A vow to myself
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
buickbeast

Wow!
Almost an entire year and a half since my last post =o

Hopefully everyone has been doing well in their lives!

Last year was a roller coaster of emotions for me. I visited an Army recruiter in 2012 weighing 245 and inquired about re-enlisting. He told me to lose some weight and come back. 9 months pass by and I dropped down to 198 lbs. Unfortunately, I left this office with information that the military was not accepting veterans back into active duty service, bummer

I went into depression and just couldn't fight my way out of it. I shot back up to 230 in nearly 3 months.

However, a few notable positives that did happen last year was that I didn't drink for 100 days straight, not once but twice! I still can't believe I did that, the support I got from everyone truly helped as well I remembering that I'm not the only one battling an addiction.
Also, I was a bit scared about me keeping my job after I learned that I wasn't going back into the military. I learned that I am truly blessed with a great person as a boss, I wouldn't know what I would do without him!

Sadly, I've been drinking daily for the past several weeks. I tweaked my knee working out and when I don't work out, I feel like drinking. Still not sure how to combat that. That is definitely my biggest daily obstacle. I made it to day 47 of P90X before my knee incident. Luckily nothing major at all and in fact I'm going to work out shortly after this.

On another note, if anyone is going to Bonnaroo this year and wants to catch some acts, PM me =)