View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I just read an article in Time magazine yesterday on the rise of synthetic cannabinoids. Every time the chemicals used are banned, the manufacturers just use different chemicals. No one even really knows what's in this stuff, except that it is a combination of toxic deadly chemicals that are unpredictable. People are dying from this stuff that was, until recently, sold openly and cheaply. It is especially targeted toward teenagers and young adults. I dated someone a few years ago who smoked this and he became very weird...aggressive and erratic. Like all addictions, it's serious and deadly. This is from the NIDA:
"Spice abusers who have been taken to Poison Control Centers report symptoms that include rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, confusion, and hallucinations. Spice can also raise blood pressure and cause reduced blood supply to the heart (myocardial ischemia), and in a few cases it has been associated with heart attacks. Regular users may experience withdrawal and addiction symptoms. We still do not know all the ways Spice may affect human health or how toxic it may be, but one public health concern is that there may be harmful heavy metal residues in Spice mixtures."

Glad you are here and glad you are finding your way back from the darkness of addiction.