View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
reflection

LS - love, love, love that quote! Thank you for sharing.

I started as a binge drinker, then moved on to drinking more frequently and in larger quantities, although not every night and never at work. I fall firmly in the "high functioning alcoholic" category. I'm not sure I like that label so much. Sure, I looked like I was functioning to everyone else, but inside and at home I was doing exactly the opposite.

I think it's hard to quit no matter what - there are triggers hiding around every corner! Daily vigilance and staying connected to oneself and what's important (me, my life, my friends and family, my house, my old, loud cat, etc...) helps me.

JL - We're here for you. Hang in there. Bilr - I don't want to jump to conclusions, but that smiley seems very promising. Sending you both buckets of good thoughts.

Ok, ’tobers, I've got a date tomorrow...this one seems promising - a non-drinking pastry chef, right up my alley! It's funny, my previous first dates were always in bars, but dating a non-drinker you actually go out and do stuff - fun stuff - imagine that!