View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

I like that saying, LS. It is going into my sobriety journal. I had a very strange experience yesterday. I had to get a crown and another large filling replaced. They gave me a script for Vicodin, but for a while I felt fine. Then the novacaine started wearing off and my jaw started throbbing big-time, so I took a Vicodin. Now, pain meds have never been "my kind of high." I don't like the groggy, slow feel to them. And honestly, I observed yesterday that they really don't even take the pain away. They moreso make it so you don't mind the pain. Anyway, it is the first time I have felt any kind of unnatural high since I have quit drinking and I was a bit nervous that it would trigger something in me, but luckily, it didn't. I was able to sleep through the night and I still feel annoyingly groggy, but the pain is pretty much gone, so the rest of those pills are going into the garbage. It kind of made me feel sad for my old self that I was always looking for an unnatural escape. It feels so much better to really be present and alive and fully vibrant.