Thread: 10 months sober
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post
It is day 300 sober today for me and things have definately improved. The longer you are sober the easier it gets. There have been some fluctuations to all of the total recovery. Meaning there are still some rough days and times here and there.

Also I'm not sure but I think that for me, thinking about the AV and using it as a focus is draining and causes some stress. So I've tried a new approach that goes like this: Everything that happens regarding recovery is chemistry. A craving is chemistry, since alcohol addiction is a chemical illness. The AV thus has no personality but is a result of chemistry. Without the chemistry, it cannot exist. When the chemistry balances out, the AV is gone. The question is when does it balance and how it works can be a little bit more complex.

Of course, during some rough confusing times it is almost impossible to avoid thinking stuff related to the AV and things like that. But so I'm grateful to be sober today. It is the best decision I've made so far. Good luck everyone.

Also. I do not mean to become complacent not focusing on the AV-theme in the same way. Addiction is addiction and there is no room for complacency.
Amen to that. Congratulations.