View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LittleSparrow

Driver and Bilr, it's interesting to see your perspective - as I drink my decaf coffee I think I'm on the opposite side because I was a binge drinker (though well on my way to becoming an every day drinker). I desperately want to be a "normal" drinker. Sometimes I was, and I'd only have a drink or two. However, that tricked me into thinking I really was a normal drinker, which would give me the green light to drink and then I'd drink everything I could. Fortunately, this time around in getting sober, I know with every fiber of my being that I am NOT a normal drinker and I never, NEVER will be. I do agree that it is easier to be sober than it is to be a drinker. I'm less of an all-or-nothing person, though, so I think I need to work a little harder to keep in mind that a single drink will certainly lead me down the wrong path. At least I've learned that lesson.

Trudging and Bilr, sending you both good juju for the job situations. JL, I hope things turn around for you. You're doing the right thing, and that's all anyone can ever do. Sending you good juju, too!

I saw a great quote this morning that I wanted to share with you all: You may think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you take the time to water your own grass, it will be just as green.