View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

JL...I agree with all of the others...you've had a rough road...but keep on "trudging"....it WILL get easier....and I, too, believe that it will eventually turn itself around. I reiterate....God (or who/what ever) keeps putting the same things in front of us to deal with until we learn the lesson. So....I guess the question is always, "What's the lesson, here?" I also agree that drinking won't make anything better. Rather, it will just add yet another problem. DD...great posting. Thanks for your honesty. Yes, parents can certainly trigger a lot of emotions, self-loathing, etc. For me, there was always some set of "expectations" that I always feeling "not good enough". Thanks, Reflection for the acknowledgement....glad you can relate (I think....lol). Billr....I never know what some of those faces mean either! New ones pop up all the time! Good luck, though! Yes, it sounds as if it will be a long weekend for many. Here, it is Semana Santa (or Holy Week) and the whole country takes off and heads to the beaches (especially Thurs-Sun). Good thing we have a large backyard, cuz the beach is packed! Hubby is sleeping a lot, and complaining about a lack of energy/motivation. I keep telling him that this is "normal"...just to give it a few days....but he is not happy about it. I guess he might be feeling the familiar feeling of not liking who he is, right now. Me? I have begun the appeal letter to the President of the University. It is due by Tues., so I will be diligently working on it for the next few days....but, I gotta say....I think that I GOT THIS! I truly believe that I have a VERY strong case and plan to talk to a lawyer at the beginning of next week. Will be seeking compensatory damages, reinstatement, and punitive damages.....so there! Happy Good Friday to those who celebrate!