View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Hi Victor,

I did not have a problem with the drug known as "spice/k2", but have met people that did. I think you hit the nail on the head with the fact that so many of the so called "softer" drugs are perceived harmless in the public, while many of them have just not been characterized well enough to know how exactly they affect the brain and their addictive potential.

As far as I know, the exact chemical composition of spice may somewhat vary between manufacturers, but usually it contains compounds that act at least to a certain extent similarly to marijuana/THC. There is certainly a lot more information available on marijuana, which is, as you may know, also often perceived as a harmless or beneficial drug. However, it's pretty clear these days that pot use can also develop very strong dependence and a variety of negative consequences in certain people - there are also many stories on this board.

It may be that you are particularly sensitive to the specific chemical formula in spice. I think in this context it does not matter what others think of it since you clearly developed a problem with it. So the best way to go for you is probably stop completely, however hard that is - what you are trying to do. It's probably unlikely that from this stage you would be able to use it "safely".

It's also nothing strange that you experience problems with a specific drug and not others. This is how most of us tend to have our drug(s) of choice... I, for example, fell in love with almost any psychedelic drug that I tried in the past, and those are not generally considered addictive in the classical sense. I think I never really got hooked on them because my initial experiences, how much I liked the effects, scared me away from getting more deeply into it. But I fantasized countless times about using them even when I wasn't using them. It's just that the effect of those substances really click with me personally. Better steer clear.

I am very glad that you posted your story - thank you for that! It's very important to raise awareness on the effects of drugs, especially substances that are not so widely known and used as spice.

Good luck to you!