Old 04-17-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ripper

horriblethisis, Sorry you feel the way you do, but the advice here is good. Many, too many years ago I was thinking the same thing as you; he's so nice, loving, thoughtful, intelligent, great education, good family, the jackpot, and good looking too etc...if only I could ignore the drinking all would be great. I thought the problem was mine (and in some ways it was/is), that I was too demanding...it just made me so uncomfortable, the constant drinks, before, during, after dinner...at first is was all in good fun, young, no ties, no dependants, no responsibilities, but as years went by, things starting "happening", getting drunk, alone at home, promising to cut down, but always starting up again, broken promises, crying fits, etc... now 17 years later, here I am...still with the nice, intelligent, thoughtful man who cannot control his drinking, hides it, drinks and drives, almost lost his licence, minimizes these actions,it's not so bad, if only I was nicer, more loving and supportive....get. out. now, is all I can say.....