Old 04-17-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SparkleKitty

Originally Posted by horriblethisis View Post
Gosh...I get what everyone is saying, but I still don't know how to leave someone who is so nice to me.
If you don't want to break up with him, then you must accept him exactly as he is right now. Nice to you, but never without a drink. Or you can continue to expend enormous amounts of energy trying to define whether he is or isn't an alcoholic.

It is okay if that is not what you want in a relationship. You do not need a better reason. You do not need ANY reason.

Until I learned to love, value and respect myself, I stayed in unhappy relationships because it seemed unbearable to be alone with just me. It took a few years of therapy, staying away from romantic relationships, and facing the fear of accepting myself as-is before I was healthy enough to wait for someone who was actually a person I wanted to be with, rather than just the next person to be nice to me and show me some attention.

Sending you strength and courage to believe that you deserve better than what you are willing to settle for.