Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
itsmylifenow
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Hi! Sorry you are having some confusing thoughts in your head about this. Know you are not alone!

Rationalizing doesn't change who he is, or who he is going to be. I have done the dance myself - he's so nice, we communicate well, we have a lot in common. And, I too, have gone down the thinking that if all these other parts are good, I can deal with this small issue of him being an alcoholic, because it's too scary to go out into the world and find a guy who doesn't have these issues. And, chances are because I've got these co-dependent tendencies, I'm not going to find a healthy guy, but another user of some kind or another. And, maybe, just maybe, this is the best guy I'm going to get and I should stick it out and figure out how to help him so we can be this wonderful, uber couple that I know we can be...if he just stopped drinking and I fixed all his problems.

Sounds like a plan to me!

I'm amazed you've never seen him drunk in 10 months! Are there other red flags going off besides him always having a drink in his hand? Obviously, there must be something else, or you wouldn't be here