View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
edenchai

Kaustoner - welcome to the forums and I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this situation.

I wish I could tell you differently, but there is nothing you can do for her. Nothing you can do if she doesn't want to do it for herself. Her recovery has to be hers and she has to want it for herself above all else.
I think you've done the right thing by stepping aside once again. Especially since she hasn't expressed or shown any want to get into recovery. And all you're doing if you remain in her life, especially by being in a relationship, is inadvertently supporting her using.
I'm not sure what you're referring to about the repercussions...if it's the emotional things you had to deal with or the fact that she began to use more heavily after your break up. If it's the latter, don't allow yourself to take ANY responsibility for her using. Those were the choices she made and whether your breakup is the excuse she used to try and defend her heavy usage or not, she would have most likely ended up there regardless.

The best advice I was given when my RABF lapsed was to tell him if he ever chose sobriety, to call me. And then to let go. There's nothing wrong with your offering her support if she chooses to go into a program or rehab, but the best advice I can give you is to walk away for now and take care of yourself because it doesn't sound like she's ready to fight the good fight just yet...but that doesn't mean you have to close the door when she IS ready.

Good luck to you!