View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Aeryn

Only you can decide your path - no one here "should" decide for you. How are you feeling about it? Do you have doubts? Your gut knows the answer.

I used to ask people what I should do a lot and what I didn't realize at the time was that was a signal to me I wasn't listening to myself and needed to spend some time finding myself and being comfortable in my own skin with my inner voice before getting in a relationship. Following "shoulds" or "woulds" or "we" directives for me signaled I was doing things for the wrong reasons and not for me (ME - the only person I control in my life - and also the #1). For me once I worked on that I was able to see my own path more clearly and I was able to stop trying to should, would or we others as well, this helped me be better able to see how I really felt and follow that inner voice...just some thoughts in case they apply. All of this also applies to doing what your family says you should do - you determine your life, and your happiness, no one else and you have one life to live so that's another reason to follow YOUR inner voice and YOUR gut. They will get over it and if they don't that's their issue not yours.

BTW - there isn't necessarily just a black or white answer to a situation - if you do choose to postpone that doesn't mean it's off forever....it means let's see what happens and decide later...nothing is wrong with that.