View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

I had a mini meltdown a few months ago too (complete with controlling, yelling and getting red in the face) over my best friend's crack use.
What is really good is that thanks to the program, we become aware of ourselves and we can take corrective measures, in the past we would have kept carrying on and thought it was everyone else but us. When it comes to my recovery, it s really a process and sometimes I feel like I take 2 steps forward and one backward. I try to give myself some slack, the only thing that I absolutely cannot do is (on the AA side of my recovery) pick up a drink.

I don't know what it was this week end but I had very little patience with the alcoholics in my life (I secretary what is basically a beginner meeting and I work in a homeless shelter) and also with those on the SR forum.
It felt like it was the week end of the Quackers both online and in the physical world and instead of just letting the quacking roll over me and focus on myself, I reverted to be very blunt to the point of being brutal and I was getting very annoyed too.
As far as your friend goes, I ll just let you on a little secret: Codies can quack too