View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
As I work my through day 60 something. I can't believe two months have home by so fast & how little I miss drinking. For sure, I miss my bar friends, but that is unfixable.
A bigger storm for me is I'm going to Hawaii this week. I thought no Tiki bar? No Duke's on Sunday? No beer at the pool? No beer while I golf? Do I make a contract with myself (2 drinks on 3 days?).. Is that a fool's errand? Can I put my toe in the water and not fall in? Or do I just say no way and see if I can make it over another challenge? Not drinking on vacation is certainly not a sacrifice, when I think I have friends deployed that are in danger.. Sorry to ramble..

Hi Jkirk, well done on your 60 day mark, that's great going. Vacation time is just another example of showing the new and improved you to the world, I realise most people drink more on a vacation due to no work commitments and driving etc but the taste of a ice cold coke hits the mark for me every time these days and of course my coffee👍 good luck with the ⛳️ Bet you will score better too.
Enjoy..