View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Snappy Repartee

In old age, the Filter between Brain and Mouth 'loosens up'. So, my Inner SmartAzz has been known to emerge. Let's have a lil fun answering these OP Party Questions...

1) One drink wont hurt you.

True. But, over the years, I've found it's the next 5 Drinks that get me every time. By the way, you're pretty hot when I'm hammered!

2) Why aren't you drinking its more fun.

Not nearly so much fun as watching other Drunks. Trust me.

3) Aren't you drinking again what is wrong with you?

Ask my Wife. Quite a bit. However, drinking to excess isn't one of them anymore.

4) Aren't you drinking. That's a shame?

Not nearly so much shame as trying to remember in the morning what I did or said the night before.

5) Are you turning Gay? (supposed to be a joke)

Fair question. I'm seriously thinking about it. I'm pretty well bored with drinking Heteros.

I'm way glad to be out of the Corp Workforce and having only elective Social Events to deal with now. In all my Int'l Biz Travels, I can say that The World seems to drink for any/all reasons. Throughout Asia; German or Swiss-based Trade Shows; S. American Dinners... It's 'Binge City' seemingly everywhere.

At Dinner and a Music Venue later last Saturday night, I was detached enough to simply observe and chuckle at all the Alcohol drifting by to be served. It is pretty amazing how pervasive Booze is. Lemonade Guy, here, was uber detached from it all, and enjoyed it w/o cravings. Plus, my Refills were free. Who woulda thunk that simply observing could be my new 'fun'?

From Beccybean's Post above is this sentiment which is my focus right now. I actually know some 'Normies' and like them all the more these days.

Gah - I need some non-drinking friends.