View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Hi Worried,

Your A is doing what A's do: they drink. Then they manipulate and lie to those around them to cooperate and enable the drinking that is non-negotiable (lips wagging and promises that will never be kept is know as "quacking" around these parts).

Watch his belt buckle... when you are playing football and you are watching your opponent across the line and he is trying to fake you out with his eyes and body language and even taunting you with words from their lips... they want to keep you off balance. Don't look at his face or his lips with empty promises... drop your eyes to his belt buckle: this is who he is... his soul, spirit, heart and where you will see his actions come from.

What is he doing? Nothing good. There is no recovery, no remorse, no actions from the belt buckle. NOthing changes if nothing changes.

Sadly, he is like my XA in the worst of his addiction... he was NOT relationship material!

If you were to exit stage left asap... your A could deal with his lifes choices all by his lonesome and if there were to be a some great miracle and he changed into prince charming say....in the next year... you could choose to take him back. The odds of this are about a million or more to 1... so I would start making a new life where you can be happy, joyous and free.

I did. I recommend it very highly. Mood altering and toxic men are not worth the pain they bring...

Keep us posted. We care.