View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FeelingGreat
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Worried, just gone back to read your previous threads. I'm glad for your sake you've reached the point where you're ready to move on, because you've been building up to it for a while, just getting the courage. But it really is time now.

Regarding the intimacy side, he's taking advantage of your lack of experience and his age to put this guilt on you, rather than accepting the fact that alcoholics make really lousy lovers. He's counting on you not knowing any better, but one day you'll look back and think 'how could I have fallen for that load of cobblers?'

You're still young and you've put up with a lot, maybe thinking you're not worth any better. Believe me when I tell you there are better men out there.

Please start planning for your exit early, like getting accommodation, how you're going to move your things and so on. If he owes you money I wouldn't count on getting it back. Be ready for him to tell you how sorry he is, how he'll change, how he'll try to cut down. Talk is talk, and he never backs it up with action so you're going to have to be very strong not to give in again. Keep posting here for lots of support and some great advice.