View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Worried0810

Thanks everyone.
The reason that I'm not leaving right this second is because we are going on holiday in four days, and then after a week, he is staying and I am going to see my mum and I don't want to ruin my second holiday. Also, he has promised that he will not drink on this holiday and I know he will, so it's just another reason for me to leave.
The sensible part of me knows that it's nothing to do with me, but emotionally I'm hurt because I feel like I must not be good enough to satisfy him. It's not the first time he said this to me but it's only recently I've come to realise that it is a form of abuse. I had low self esteem anyway but he's really put me down.
Thank you though for your strong words - I know what I have to do, it's just doing it that is the problem. My mum was with a guy who was very similar and she dumped him a few months ago. I need to take some strength from her!
Does anyone have any useful tips on how to detach? I mean, I've been trying to basically not care about him when he drinks, but last night I was beginning to panic that maybe he had gone to the shop to get drugs, or gone to his friend to get high and I was hating myself for it because I know that I shouldn't have cared where he had gone. Argh - damn these emotions!