View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mainza

I am the same way. It use to be so much easier to meet someone and ask them if they want to go enjoy a drink. But then it turned into me not wanting to have drinks with people because I would just get black out drunk and then it would be awkward and embarrassing being around them again. Then I started to drink alone and that is complete misery. Spending the entire weekend, alone, drinking and feeling sorry for myself are over. If I spend a weekend alone and feeling sorry for myself without drinking, that is better. I hope soon I will just be alone and not feeling sorry for myself and actually getting things done. Then I hope I will be with other people and doing fun things without alcohol. It is a process and I am dedicated to it.

I use to think that just getting a new job and moving away would solve my problems. I really think that is my addictive voice talking. If I move away, that is just an out to prevent myself from getting myself in shape, becoming a better person, and working on my relationships.

I did my taxes today and did some running and walking. Although I didn't get to doing my laundry, cleaning the apartment, or going to the grocery store and planning my meals for the week, I stayed sober. Tomorrow is Sunday and I will have a full day to get things done and I will not be hungover!