Thread: 90 and 90
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ruby2

I did ninety in ninety. It helped a lot. I stayed sober for ten a half months afterwards and then relapsed. Was pout for three months and now have five months. However, it is because I stopped taking meetings seriously enough and I wasn't working any steps or other recovery program that I relapsed. I was only relying on meetings. I found that 90 in 90 helped because it gave me a regimen that was sorely lacking in my life. I had to commit to something and follow through. Fellowship with other people staying sober was important. I think it helps retrain your brain into different thinking patterns if that makes sense. When I got sober again I didn't do the ninety because I just couldn't. but I have committed to three meetings a week and come on here and reach out to other women in AA to tell them what is going on with me and if I have thoughts of drinking. Still working on working the steps though. That will come. I say if you can, give it a shot. What have you got to lose, really? I know I spent hours a day drinking. Always found time for that. One hour for a meeting is a drop in the bucket.