View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

Originally Posted by maggies View Post
Thank you for the link. I am wanting to take control of his prescriptions and put them in my safe where I keep my car keys. I feel like that gives me some sense of control. With him being on anabuse, he can't get drunk and I still find that pill reassuring.
I think that his behavior is showing that he is willing to take another avenue to get his "fix" if this one is closed off. You give him antabuse so he can't drink, so he went and got a bunch of prescriptions. What do you think is going to happen once the new prescription drugs are under lock and key with you doling out the dosage? I think you might be too close to see this situation clearly. All those things may give you a sense of control, but that feeling is an illusion. The fact is, he is going to figure out a way to circumvent any safeguard you can put into place if he wants to drink/use. You're going to drive yourself crazy with stress and exhaustion trying to outsmart alcoholism. I've done it, and so has everyone here. And alcoholism wins every time.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-need-fix.html