View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
roguedreams

Originally Posted by Jus View Post
I think I'm going to start to count all the I CAN'TS I read daily.

Once again, I'm adding the thread I started in hope it will
flip your thinking, because..........

YOU CAN
WE CAN

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-epidemic.html

You've got some work to do. Roll those sleeves up.

Thanks for this, Jus. I find myself (sad, maybe, but necessary) having to actively avoid some negative threads. They're somewhat triggering for me in my tenuous, raw, new sober days! Reading enough "I can't" and I begin to believe/feel/internalize it as well.

Not that I don't believe in freedom of speech and that if you're struggling you shouldn't post here - au contraire - I just know, for me, it's not healthy to hear wallowing and helpless grumbling that doesn't have the intent or the active motivation to seek improvement. I try my best to contribute in a positive way to these forums and I continue to search out the positive entries here. There will always be naysayers, I suppose but thank you for this, it affirms that it's not just me that sees a lot of undirected, seemingly unfruitful "complaining".

Again, not judging anyone, I know we're all at different stages and some of them REALLY DO suck. Recovery isn't easy by any stretch of the term. It's not supposed to be! But while pain is unavoidable, it's really actually beneficial, used correctly, right?! (I do find myself wishing though, that "yeah but" would be listed as an expletive and x-ed out of the post. )

I don't intend to hurt ANYONE with this post, just had to kinda vent.