View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
HikerLady

Mental illness, ex felon, addiction issues...and you want to continue treating him as a young child by monitoring his meds, doctors, make sure he tells the doctors the truth. I just hope you are being fully honest with your therapist about all that YOU are doing in this mess. You talk about the idea that a doctor might be enabling him, and I sit here wondering if you realize how much you may be enabling him, just a thought though, I am not in your shoes and certainly do not know the full story here. I'd like to hear more about you than your husband. I feel like there is this incredibly strong woman juggling all these things for him because she has such an incredible ability to love, but is so busy taking care of him that she is lost in the fog of his addiction issues and mental illness. Meanwhile, what is she feeling, thinking, living outside of his issues and perhaps because of his issues? Are all her issues his issues? Again Maggie, big hugs to you dear woman, you are in a tough position for sure and my heart goes out to you. Glad to hear you made it into the therapy appointment and I hope it offers you some help.