View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Gakx
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Hey withyou, welcome to the SR forum.

I am here because my personality is filled with addition. I completely understand the video game addiction. Once the console is on, I have no idea how long it will last. It has been 2 years since I played but then the other day, and 10 hours later, I remembered why I have been avoiding playing.

It is just like my alcohol addiction; once I start, I can't stop. At least with alcohol, I eventually passed out! In order to change things, I had to make some major life changes and find more productive uses of my time. I literally fill every last second of my day with something that must get done.

I've always heard the phrase "You don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to". But I tell myself that my list of daily things to do is not optional and is a life or death situation. It keeps my eye on the prize, and in reality, the alcohol really will kill me.

It has been tough watching the newest consoles come out and not running out to buy one. Or seeing commercials for the latest games and not going to make a deposit. I ended my subscription to GameInformer, too much temptation. It all still obsesses my mind on occasion but I remember how much I have accomplished in the last 2 years. Oh yeah, and how much money I have saved too!