View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
LBrain

Dee, that was a pretty SMART answer.
Thanks again everyone for this most interesting read. Although I don't feel I really need to I am going to read some of the references posted in this thread. I did go through several hours of AVRT a couple weeks back - IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE TO ME.

I got a chuckle to self when freshstart spoke of the amygdala. The IOP counselor 'drew' the brain on a whiteboard a couple months ago. I tried to explain how it worked - I was put on 'MUTE' - and was told to just listen. A series of boxes that collect alcohol use data. blah-blah-blah. I find it truly amazing how little most of these counselors actually know. That is why they preach AA is the only way. I am being told I am at very high risk for relapse because I explained some of my disdain for the methods of AA.
Anyway. Thanks again. Brian

BTW, I still go to AA meetings. I do find them helpful and find that I can also help others. But I do not believe at all in the 12 step process and much of the malarkey that goes on. Sometimes I get annoyed, otherwise I am mostly amused. But I will not deny it to anyone who benefits from it.