View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Hi Char,

Congrats on your sober time. That is a really big accomplishment. I was thinking that people do a lot of things because of fear. I don't know what type of medication you were taking or for what but since the girls in the house were aware of the meds and that you stopped taking them perhaps they were afraid of what might happen if you stopped. Then their fear may have grown since you (quite rightly) told them they could not attend your meeting with your doctor?

Much of this is based on speculation but people mostly react to feelings of fear to change, fear of things they don't understand, fear that they can't control what is happening, fear of what might happen.

As for talking about your spirit guide, is that your higher power? Most people in AA are more familiar with a Judeo Christian God as their higher power rather than a spirit guide and there again, fear of the unknown kicks in.

Stick with your plan. It sounds like things are going well for you. You have goals and a plan. All good things. A lot of people have posted the comment "what other people think of me is none of my business." I think it is helpful because we have very little control over what other people think about us.