View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan1888

Im a alcoholic but ive never been to AA so I wont claim to know exactly how it works. However maybe you should keep what goes on at AA and the aspects of it to yourself, talking about "spirit guides" to people who have no idea what you are talking about might come across as a little weird.

You and I and everyone else on this site know it is not weird because we know it helps you deal with your alcoholism but to some one who has never had a problem with drink they might think it pretty strange.

I hope you dont get the impression that I think you should not talk about "spirit guides" and other aspects of AA but maybe you should be very careful with who you discuss things like that.

For instance I would never tell anyone at work I was an alcoholic, they would be constantly talking behind my back and it wouldnt surprise me if they found a way to get rid of me. I am very careful about who I tell that I am an alcoholic, some people just dont understand.

dont let it get you down in anyway, you did nothing wrong...maybe just something to bear in mind in the future.

Good luck!!