View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adnamaeel

I'll start with saying that I am quite biased by my own experience here,
It took me 7 years to extricate myself from a soul crushing marriage, mostly because I own the house we were living in, and couldn't figure out how to get him to leave. In retrospect, I could have saved myself years of excruciating pain, and a serious narcotics addiction if I'd just sold the house out from under us, and moved on.
From your description of your significant other, he has very little respect for you. This isn't likely to change, even if he is really great sometimes.
That Disney princess one true love thing so many of us were raised on is pretty much bull s***. Over the course of your life, you will very likely find at least a couple others with whom you could be equally "meant to be", we humans are an adaptable species, truly.
I know moving sucks, and you like your place, but there's always going to be another cool apartment.
I don't want to be harsh, but your circumstances sounded painfully familiar, and had I known what I was in for, I would have handled my situation far differently than I did.
Good luck, and congratulations on 5 days.