View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
firstymer

First off, Welcome to SR. I am glad you found this place. I have found so much support and helpful advice from the good people here.

Second, congratulations on the 5 days of sobriety. You are off to a great start and you sound like you have a great attitude. I especially like your resolve to do "absolutely ANYTHING" to maintain your sobriety. If you can remember that your sobriety is the FIRST PRIORITY and that everything comes secondary to that, a lot of your relationship issues may fall into place.

You will read many posts from people who advise against making relationship decisions in the early days of sobriety. And I agree with that - to a point. But if your boyfriend's drinking is driving you to drink, maybe it is time to take a break from him AND from alcohol. The logistics of who moves their stuff out and who lives where seem secondary to your first priority of sobriety.

So, what I am saying is this: If you can grit your teeth and maintain the sobriety with him there with you, so be it - for now. But if the choice is between him and sobriety, show him the door.

Whatever you decide, I am glad you are here with us. Good luck.