Old 04-06-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EveningRose

I can totally relate. And it's funny I feel that way, because my older sister thinks she was the one to always keep quiet and not rock the boat, while I spoke up. Yet I know throughout school, I learned that if I ever told my parents somebody had done something, I got, "What did YOU do to make them?" I was taught constantly to look at my own behavior first--which is a good thing to learn BUT...I eventually figured out that no matter how perfect my behavior was, it would still somehow be my fault.

As someone else mentioned, I put up with a lot less now, thank goodness. AF doesn't like it. When I refused to go back for a third Screaming Rage Fest (i.e.: a holiday with my sister), I was informed among other things that 1) her behavior was really my fault (cough, did I nail it or what? 42 year old woman has routine melt downs long before I ever moved back, but somehow it's actually my fault!); and 2) he 'doesn't like the new me.'

Oh, well. Something snapped, and for the first time in my life, I saw clearly that I've spent a lifetime trying to be the good daughter, good sister, and now that I think about it...I don't actually LIKE any of them, either. Because their behavior is bad.