View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Some women only feel good about themselves when they are part of a couple. Super codependence. Some women define their identity through a man. It is a gender thing that fortunately is being evolved out socially. The most important thing for them is to be in a marriage. That is the only way they can accept themselves. They are very afraid to be alone ultimately.

To be single (like myself) there is A LOT of self confidence I must have to get along in the world...and I am even in a relationship right now. Single women are about as welcome as lepers in most social situations where I live in the south. Most women cannot handle that.
I guess I do not figure I would be alone too long.

Am not really inclined to be, and do not really want to be.

Like guys on work sites say about jobs . . . Was looking for one when I found this one. (meaning they can get another next week -- fairly effective way to blow-off Drama Based management.)

I was looking for a wife when Mrs. Hammer showed up and "applied" for the job. I know that sounds like a bad joke, but really exactly what happened.

In some of the groups I travel with there are a couple of long-term single women, and most everyone seems good with that. But we is nerds. Some folks seem to freak over the single guys, thinking about it.