View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

Marvin - I love it! I am SO proud of you. I guess we can add bleaching pills to our list of things that kill them. That is much more creative than I was. At least they had an agonizing slow death. We now know that they gave be successfully flushed, burned in the fireplace or bleached. These methods work.

I felt some sadness too when I flushed my last bit of dope. It was symbolic because I knew I was "all in" at that point. I could have called and got more I guess, but what is the point on spending money on something when I just flushed some down the toilet? At that point I felt grief and sadness. I didn't feel any joy, but I had to do it to let it go. Even looking back on it now, I still don't know if I feel joy over it, but it was definitely something I had to do.

I think you took a huge step today, and the gravity of it may not be clear until weeks or months down the road. It is very, very tough to get rid of a backup stash, period. What were those 200 pills going to do for you anyway? The only thing they would have brought you was additional misery. They might was well have been Anthrax pills, because that is about how useful they would have been.