View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by Greenwood618 View Post
I have no interest in any of the other topics raised in response to my original post, and I am sure no one else does either.
Sometimes it helps to share our experiences. So lets hear what you got.
Have you any advice for the OP, Greenwood? Anything that worked for you?
Or maybe Greenwood has something that works better than HALT and it just seems silly to them. If so do share.
Folks do seem to have an interest in your experiences with RR, but I will admit that there is a significant possibility that they might just be trying to be polite and welcoming to our new member.

This is one person's experience with AVRT and might be useful for folks who are curious about RR. AVRT Explained.

So Sam, I don't think I demonized the beast which I also called The Parasite. That metaphor might be more useful to you than The Beast as a way to describe the addictive drive for a drink.

Instead, I recognized and separated, and the act of making that Big Plan serves to cement the separation between self and addictive urge. Finally I came to accept the fact that my parasite will wave and ask for a beer every once in a while. No struggle, just acceptance. I don't fear the AV any more - it's powerless after all.