Thread: I want to drink
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Benji90

I would suggest reading through your post history to remember why you are quitting in the first place like you said, alcohol must have had some bad consequences to your life if you told yourself enough is enough..Your problem you have with alcohol wasn't just an illusion that will have dissipated into thin air once you took a month break from it. You are a month in that is something to be PROUD of! this craving will pass, win this battle and work towards winning the war and what a glorious accomplishment that will be.

I just looked at one of your posts from today. (Sorry I'm not a stalker or something):

"I came out to both myself and publicly on this forum as an alcoholic a few days after quitting drinking. The label is kind of meaningless to me now, but at that time it was an emotionally charged, humbling necessary step for me to accept that I had a serious problem and was in over my head. I no longer think of myself as an alcoholic, but at the same time I self-identify as an alcoholic with other people who are also on the path to sobriety because I find it gives a shared context around the big picture of alcohol addiction, recovery and sobriety. "

I think that is a dangerous way of thinking in my opinion, don't let your ego get the best of you. Everyone has their weaknesses and their battles! EVERYONE, it's nothing to be ashamed of. A normal person that drinks occasionally socially doesn't sit and obsessively think about the bottle of vodka in the freezer. Which by the way, do you think the owner of the bottle would rather have it dumped, or chugged by a person struggling with sobriety? I'd like to think it'd be the first option.