View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Benji90

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Good to meet you Benji. Congratulations on your 3 days.

At only 23, quitting is a difficult decision to make - but you'll be saving yourself so much grief down the road. I knew many years ago I didn't drink normally, but I kept trying to control my drinking. I'd love to get back those wasted years spent in a fog. You don't need it - you are doing a great thing for yourself. Glad to have you here.
Thank you for the kind words.
Yeah, it's a very difficult decision, I have been drinking pretty regularly since I was 17, it wasn't hard to access, I'd start drinking hard liquor as soon as I woke up until I went to bed. I know my type of drinking isn't normal compared to a lot of people either because I prefer to do it alone. Which I guess depending on how you look at it might be a positive thing right now because living in a small midwestern town there's not much else people my age do on the weekend but party or hit up bars and I've been a isolative drunk instead of social drunk for a long time anyway so it's not like I'll be burning any bridges by quitting. I already burned those bridges a long time ago while I WAS drinking, so now I can just focus on recovering and building new bridges.