Old 04-04-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
PaperDolls
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by bonesofhope View Post
I have never been physically addicted to alcohol. I can go for a week or so without drinking and be pretty ok if I avoid others drinking (3 weeks is when I start tearing my hair out and thinking about it all the time). I never drank in the morning. But then on the flip side, I binge heavily, I use alcohol to deal with my issues, to talk to people, to have sex, to cry. I have nearly killed myself multiple times through alcohol, getting in cars with drunk strangers/friends, have ruined relationships with it. I began triggering nosebleeds just by sitting up in the morning whilst on binges, so it's obviously messing my body up.
I was never a daily drinker. Never physically addicted. I could go weeks and months without a drink if I had to. Never drank in the morning.

Alcoholism is a progressive disease. My binges began to get longer and the consequences worse. The worst part was how it made me feel. I hated myself. I was disgusted. Ashamed. Embarrassed.

So, you can let it get worse if you like, because it likely will. You're on the down elevator and you can choose to get off anytime.

I'm a binge drinking alcoholic and I got sober using AA. So far, it's helped me stay sober for over 5 years.

So, do you qualify? What do you think?