Thread: Been drinking
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Complexiti View Post
Thank you Stoogy I must say that I am feeling much better in myself and also in my determination not to give in. Not exactly craving but Fridays tend to be my "gotta go buy a bottle" day so having to be extra vigilant.

The stupid thing is that I didn't enjoy either the taste or the feelings when I gave in last Friday, it was like I was forcing myself to drink it even though the taste was so bad, and at the moment the thought of that horrible taste is helping my vigilance.

So I don't know whether to go to the store and test myself or not as I can probably do without what I would go for. It was comparatively easy during the last week but that was what I thought last Friday and I gave in.

At least stuffing myself full of salad will help my waistline which the alcohol didn't!
So glad you are feeling better, The Friday feeling eh? Been there it's all Jedi mind tricks really isn't it? As I said I am 4 months sober and I actually bought non alcoholic beer about 3 months ago as I thought I may treat myself to a taste of a Friday night for example but they are still in the fridge 3 months later and I don't even have a craving to taste it.. I've had my fill of alcohol and the very thought of going through those first 3 months of withdrawal I would not envisage myself having any at all, ever..
So happy you are feeling better, it's Friday but hey it's just another day to chalk off on the calender.