Thread: Fear
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
I don't know about your AH but my AW quit drinking for a year or more. Turned out she was using Ambien as a replacement. Ambien should never be taken with alcohol. She got to the point where she would take 4 at a time. Of course her doctor would alway give her a refill.

Your friend,
I was wondering about that, but it's obviously all speculation. Since he binge drinks and probably can go 2 weeks at a time without drinking, I wonder if the Ambien is a replacement for the alcohol.

I just met with my therapist and she believes that I need to tell him that I'm noticing these changes in behavior and that I'm worried about him, whether or not he cares to hear it or not. She also suggested that I tell his psychiatrist that he is drinking and taking these meds and that it is concerning. She said I need to see it as an act of caring about what happens to another human being, not seeing it as a codependent 'thing' where I jump in trying to fix it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do: especially since this is all speculation. I do know that my AH is depressed despite being on meds, and since he had a LOT of Paxil left, I again wonder if he's just not taking it and that these medication 'adjustments' he's doing is contributing to an imbalance in his psyche. Honestly, I think these things are important to know mainly because of how the courts would see these things in the future, if I leave or file.

I am going to a meeting tonight. Man, I think I need one. I understand all about not being able to control someone but even if we lived apart and were divorced, he'd still be a part of my son's life and his actions will still affect us. That's just the reality of being involved with someone who is an A. I get that, yet I still get wrapped up in worry.

For now, I can't jump to any conclusions. Also, my T suggested that I write out my concerns to AH, sending it via email, so that I have it documented even if he doesn't respond.