View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

Blacklok - that is great news that you didn't cave! I still don't think it is a foregone conclusion that you won't be well enough to work in another 10 days. That is a decent chunk of time. Either way though, it is great that you have getting clean as your number one priority. At the end of the day, jobs come and go. Think about how messed up it would be if you had gone back on the methadone just to work, and then the company goes bankrupt or the owner drops dead from a stroke or whatever. Even the most secure jobs can go poof overnight.

One thing I would say is that if you do have to part ways with work, do everything you can to qualify for unemployment. You pay the premiums every paycheck so why not collect? I don't know all the rules with unemployment, but I know that it doesn't work if you voluntarily quit. Anyway, something to keep in mind.

Ididit / Marvin - Thanks for the kind words. You guys did all the hard work though. I am proud of both of you for sticking with it, and getting through the tough times.

I thought I would share something that happened yesterday with you guys, because it may inspire you when times are tough. Yesterday morning I went outside and had a feeling of complete normalcy that lasted a few hours. It might not sound like much, but I realized right away that all the awfulness had 100% gone away in that moment. I didn't feel bored, sick, depressed, anxious, nauseous, fatigued, ******, or anything else that comes with the package. It was just normal, and everything I went through over the past 50 days was worth it for those few hours. I am looking forward to waking up everyday like that soon enough. Keep on keeping on...