Old 04-03-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grammy52

I live with my alcoholic 34 yr old daughter :(

About a year ago, I moved out of my cute hi-rise apt to renting a huge house so her 6 yr old daughter & her could have a place to live. Big mistake! She drinks wine with vodka. She holds down a good job, but with attendance problems due to calling in sick from drinking. She drinks in the evening while taking care of my GD(she is a doll). On weekends, it is awful! It is basically a 5 hr process......start drinking in morning, nap(passout), wake up & then start all over again, then drag herself into work on Monday. I have seen things I do not want to see. Last Sunday, I heard my GD crying because Mom was trying to get her to lay down with her(nap) at 11:30 in the morning! So, I took my GD for a day of shopping & dinner & fun. Later that evening, I get accosted by my drunk daughter & up in my face telling me what a lousy grandmother I am & on & on! WTF!! I left the house, called my GD's father to come get his child & so on & so on. I get a major apology in the morning & was told drinking will stop immediately. Well, guess what............she is still drinking! I am so sick of this, advice & thanks.