Thread: A Concern
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DrunkTx

IDK - my wife is my rock, my inspiration, my comfort and my friend. Sometimes I say "I want a drink, tell me I'm I dumb dumb". There are many variants, but you all get the idea. We've been together going on twenty one tears, and it is important for her to understand my "tells". Do it enough, like I do, and he may on his own offer you some herbal tea if he sees you fidget like my wife does. Sometimes I get caught in a gaze, and she brings me back to earth by talking about stuff that get me riled up (the new bag she bought) but gets me off the drink thought. Even sometimes she will figure out nocturnal activities to completely shake the thought The point: my wife is my partner, in sickness and in health. She is so in tuned with me, as any spouse can be, that it is like we both fight the disease together in normal course and not in fire drill mode.

And in all this, she has her wine when she feels it, and her scotch when it calls her. Life moves on, trust me, just take alcohol off its pedestal.