View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

FABL and Sleepydots, I'm glad you guys are seeking counseling. I hope it helps.

I know I'm starting to get crazy about the never ever again today. I think it spawned because hubby is going to be gone Friday night and I'm on my own. Typically that is the sweet time to drink. No interference. Then I say, NO! IOP is coming, you have bills, all the bad tapes. Then I start promising maybe in 5 years.

Is 5 years possible?

I don't know, but as I was leaving work I got a call - and IOP insurance is good to go. I asked when I start and he said tonight, I nearly fell over, I'm in my car at work. I said, I can't -------- he said or tomorrow. I said tomorrow is fine. I can't even make it there in time for tonight.

So, then I start my drive home and what happens? AV goes, "One more time, just this ONE LAST TIME!" I luckily have to go out of my way to buy booze, well I wouldn't have gone anyway. How crazy is that. Then I remember telling my husband just today I'm losing some weight even eating badly and the sweets. He's like well that 3/4ths bottle of vodka you aren't drinking everyday is why.

So we're off to a walk, ordering in bad foods and I start IOP tomorrow. Nervous as heck even though I've done this years ago (and quit).

So with the counseling guys, I get it. It's hard to share our demons we tried so hard to hide. I'm sure it'll be worth it. We should think of SR, family, mornings without hangovers, and if GEAH can do it, so can we.