View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ethos23

Thanks for all the kind responses. I needed that yesterday. What started off as a great day ended in completely the opposite manner. As I said, I made the decision to move my office and relocate. My previous office mates were not happy with me (not in the least bit). The reason for my abrupt departure is that one co-worker was telling a referral source of mine that they can't use me for their services because only he is allowed to operate in the particular market area. This is the second time the same thing has happened with this same individual. I set the boundary the last time it happened that I would leave the office if it happened again. It happened again, and I left. They are now angry because they have to cover my overhead. I told the other two office mates I would cover their share, since they weren't involved, but not the other.

Anyway, this is something that in the past would have driven me to drink (immediately). Wouldn't matter if I had been drinking or had a sober-stetch. This kind of stress would have cracked me. Yesterday, I was offended, hurt, and pissed, but didn't even think about drinking. This too shall pass, I told myself. I am still stressed, but got up today, had a meeting, went for a run, and I am feeling much better.