Old 02-28-2005, 03:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
OVERIT

Originally Posted by blitz
Please don't stop reading this post just because of what I'm about to say(and said before already): I'm an agnostic. "One who holds that nothing is or can be certainly known of the existence of a God or of anything than material things susceptible to experiment and proof." (Purnell's Family Dictionary).

Please focus on the last part of the definition: anything than material...". Even though I'm not a religious person (any religion whatsoever) I travel a lot and...I'm lucky...and I visit a lot ot religious Sanctuaries because they're works of art, some of them Master-Pieces - the Vatican, Notre-Dame, Westminster Chapel, Jerónimos (Lisbon), in fact I appreciate all of them including my deceased father's home town's church and chapel as I'm sure I would appreciate all your home town's churches and chapels

They might not be the Master-Pieces I mentioned first but that's not the point I'm getting at. The point is I ALWAYS feel peace, an inner peace I don't feel anywhere else. I almost feel like bowing in respect. It's something I cannot explain and thus I don't think it's God's presence.

I think it's an inner peace, almost spiritual, I even think you might strike the almost, that's triggered when beholding such beauty and peace. I should't believe in "spiritual", it can't be materialised an subject to experiment or, better yet, proof.

But it's there, I feel it, I don't know what it is, but that inner peace is my inner force at night when i'm going to bed, when I have to tell myself "one day at a time". Pure science can't bring me this without using drugs, and I'm fleeing from them; something is and I'm sure grateful for that.

That's why I enjoy visiting religious sanctuaries, I felt the same at Toledo (Spain)Mosque.

It's a unique feeling and all of you helped me find it deeper inside me. I believe there's a lot of it even deeper and I still don't know it.

Thank You - Pedro

(((Pedro)))

Thanks for sharing.

Ang