View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Oh, I see Bimini, I thought you were still in contact but I'm sorry to hear she passed away. So you're still experiencing the dynamic repeating in your relationships?

I think that IS why it's probably not good to get into relationships early on... I've noticed realizations about the people in my life bubbling up spontaneously. I feel like that will continue for a while. I wouldn't want to go get deeply involved with a new person now... New enchantments are always a minefield of patterns for me. Very well concealed.
Slowly being able to see them without my wine goggles

It seems like you've had a few epiphanies today, no? What a great day
Epiphanies indeed. Many a day. Every day for the last however many days. The "dynamic repeating itself" takes me some time to figure out still. My mother was a pain in the backside, no doubt about it. My contact with her was extremely guarded and limited as an adult. I can easily deflect that type of personality, they just put me off balance at times. Especially in an AA setting, where everyone is all up in my business. My childish desire to fit in sometimes is a handicap, but so is my, "I don't need anyone's approval" attitude. It's a process and balance is the goal.

Good morning all, I love all the individual stuff posted . The list, the poem, the sleep/no sleep stories, the coping strategies. Trips and parties, SOs and their crazy drinking, slips, AVs, AAs and all that other stuff.

We are an interesting group. ((Hugs)) if you're into that kind of stuff. Fist bump if you'd rather.