Thread: messed up
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
2muchpain

I guess part of my problem is that I have always been the go to person if someone has a problem. I was the together person that could come up with solutions to other peoples problems. After a while, I got tired of this, and would talk to them about some things I was dealing with. They appeared bored, and found some reason to leave. That hurt, and I knew two things. One, they really didn't care about me and two, I was on my own. Yes, I expected them to give me some time also, but I was wrong. My expectations were not realistic. I don't blame them. They found a sounding board and took advantage of it. Makes sense to me. My career, before I moved on was to fix other peoples' problems, and I was good at it. A lot of peoples lives improved because of the work I put into it. I have spent most of my life helping others to improve their lives. Some came back and thanked me for what I did for them, and although I didn't think I did much, it was nice to hear. Although I know I am wrong in thinking this, but maybe there is a part of me that feels I deserve something after all the years I gave to others. I know I'm wrong because I never once expected anybody I helped to repay me in any way. In fact, if someone did, I would tell them they owe me nothing. I did it because it was the right thing to do. I think I'm beginning to feel sorry for myself which I know is not a good place to be. D helped me with that. I am truly happy to be me, and am grateful for many things. I have really nothing to complain about. Life is good.