View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
calichris

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
New thread. I'm happy to see all the old regulars have found us - and welcome to the newcomers.

Last night I could not stop crying at an AA meeting. @#$! that seriously pisses me off. I think it's a combination of feeling like I'm in some cult that I have to follow to the letter or get shunned and the fact that I have no family at all and right now I'm without a close friend - other than you guys. I REALLY do not like being called on to 'share' in meetings. If I don't talk, everyone asks if I'm okay? How the eff do I know? Give me a break, people.

Okay, so I have a resentment. Or a thousand. Mayhaps they will go away at some point. Too many meetings lately, I think. I remember thinking in the past that people gave up alcohol and then got obsessed with AA. I'm confused.

I'm also apparently not in the best mood today. *lesigh*
So sorry you had that experience Bimini. Maybe you can weigh how much you want to (or don't want to) talk to people with how much you feel you need an AA meeting at any given time? Don't know what the magic formula is it can vary from one day to the next and we are all different. Most importantly you are here expressing how you feel. That makes a difference!